Friday, December 15, 2006

Wild weather

So how did you all fair with the wind and rain last night. Our power was out most the evening. As we were going to sleep I asked Greyson to make sure the bedroom light switch was off in case the power came back on in the middle of the night, and as he reached for the switch the power came back on. We may lose power at the drop of a hat here but they almost always get it back on before the morning. I saw one big tree down on our property driving in last night. I will have to take a tour later and see what else came down. We are getting some slushy rain right now even though it is fairly warm out.

Greyson and I are going to a holiday luncheon this afternoon and then I have my office holiday get together later in the afternoon. So I don't see much work getting done. Then we have exciting plans of cleaning all weekend to get the house in shape for my house/pet sitters (mom and dad) that I think are coming next Friday. We also have dog washing, dog nail trimming, dog bed washing, and fish tank cleaning. All sorts of fun things we are going to do this weekend. I am hoping my hubby will take on a lions share of this as I am rather wimpy these days.

FYI, we are leaving on Tuesday for Baton Rouge and should return the following Tuesday. You all know how I don't like flying, and now I get to do it with an upset stomach. That should be fun. It should be a relaxing time with Greyson's family so I am looking forward to that. His mother and father moved within a few blocks of his brother so it makes it much easier to spend time with everyone. Hope you all have a great Christmas where ever you are.

No comments: