Just got back a few minutes ago and am checking the blog. I got about 3 hours of sleep last night. Had a great time. This hotel was fabulous. It was huge and was all indoors under a high (17-story) window roof so there were palm trees and all kinds of other tropical type plants everywhere plus waterfalls, lots of fountains, etc.
We went to the Grand Ole Opry last night (at the Ryman) and heard both Alan Jackson sing a couple of songs from his new gospel albun as well as Vince Gill and several others. We left after the first three "sets" and still didn't get home until midnight, hence the lack of sleep. Had to get up at 3:30 to leave for the airport at 4 a.m.
Anyway, we also went to the Country Music Hall of Fame, The Wildhorse Saloon, two Antique Shows, a plantation tour at the battle of Franklin and pulled pork barbecue complete with okra and chess pie. I'm wondering if Greyson will know about chess pie. One of the antique shows had a big buffet with Tennessee ham--totally delicious. One of the vendors who does business with Jamie gave us complimentary tickets for manicures and pedicures at the hotel spa. It was a really fun time but I'm glad to be home.
There appears to be a man moving personal items into the house that is across the creek from us -- the first one in the cul-de-sac on the right. Guess we'll be having lots of new neighbors soon. There are for sale signs up all around.
No new car yet. The latest was that it was to be here between the 24th and 27th. Tomorrow is the 27th, but I'm not holding my breath. Traci took our truck back home because she didn't have snow tires on hers, and there was lots of snow/ice on the pass. So we are now driving her car which is okay except that the heater seems to be permanently "on" and at a pretty high heat.
Sunday, February 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah, I forgot about that heater thing. There's a knob somewhere to turn it off, but you'll have to call tim - 541 771-1625 to get its location. The roads were clear, but my Father insisted I take his truck. We'll have to put stuff in the back just to get some use of it. Don't smoke in my car please.
Sounds like a fun time with your required sightseeing and action on a vacation.
Hey. Never heard of chess pie. VERY familiar with okra (fried?) and pulled pork. Is this diet food? I'm down to 175.4 lbs. I think my body is in a state of rebellion. Deny it of food, sleep, and add excercise, and you may get into a permafunk like me. I'm eating a little more now, but the main problem was not getting enough sleep.
Post a Comment