Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Dean family update

Well we all survived the flu.  My toe is still broken.  Kalena is walking around everywhere- she can turn, pick up something from the floor, and is attempting to pick up the speed.  Emma keeps coming up with new words- and uses them appropriately.  I’m biased I know- but she is one smart cookie!  She was using something metallic in the back seat to make noise- and was telling me it was her “instrument”.  In addition she tried out the word “nervous” the other day about when Dennis came over to the house- it made her “nervous”.  Finally- a not so good word- she called her brother an “idiot”.  Gabriel got in trouble at school for drawing a violent picture- apparently he has been warned about this before.  So the school had consequences and he had consequences at home.  X-box games have also been restricted to only “E”…unless mom is playing with them- since I am only able to play Halo 2.  I am improving though- so watch out during the next tournament.  Nicholas was invited to be on a team called “freedom” for indoor soccer.  Well the bell is ringing- back to work!

2 comments:

grudd said...

Drawing violent pictures? So what's the problem? Drawing is a non-violent act. I think the reaction on the part of the school should be simply to inform the parents. For them to do anything else (like consequences) is sort of correcting an effect rather than a cause.

soggy pete said...

Jen, sorry I missed your birthday. Please give me some gift ideas! Sizes, etc.

Traci