Sunday, December 18, 2005

Will my husband make it home?

My hubby is flying in at midnight tonight. I am wondering if this freezing rain will materialize or not. Normally it takes them much longer to get the runways clear with freezing rain. He may just get stuck in Chicago. He didn't seem worried and told me that they checked the weather and it would be just fine in Portland tonight (implying I didn't know what I was talking about, Ha!). So we'll see who is right.

It has only been above freezing a few times since that snow we got. I already lost my power this morning. It didn't stay out for too long but I was glad to have my woodstove. I have even gotten down the "stoking to last all night" thing down so I have coals left in the morning. It can usually last a good 12 hours if I do it right. There is kind of a science to mine because you can actually close it down too much and it will go out. I think I am going to take Ada for a quick bike ride to the end of the street and back to wear her out before the ice and wind comes and she doesn't want to be outside.
-Mel

2 comments:

soggy pete said...

We have beautiful, fluffy snow - about 2-3 inches. I'm watching it now with my Christmas music in the background. My family is out shopping and i hope they travel safely. Has anyone considered moving to Central Oregon? It's sunny and cold and snowy and hot and a great place for real estate investment. Christian did awesome at his first tournament in Sisters. The team got crushed, but they're all learning the basics for the first year while the surrounding towns have had strong programs for some time. I need to make the sugar cookies and peanut britte. I keep you updated as to the results there.

Grandma, I haven't heard much from you?

Meldog said...

Well I have one inch of white fluffy snow. I will have hit the hottub tonight. There is nothing better than soaking in the hot water as the snowflakes dancing around. However, I can't get Ada to stand on the stairs and gaurd me in those conditions.
-M