Just thought I would update you all on my hubby's progress. As you may guess from the title he is in Chicago. His flight from Chicago to Portland last night was cancelled and the next 5 flights were booked. So he has a flight that leaves tonight. He had to spend last night in a hotel there at the airport and for all his trouble all the airline gave him was a coupon off part of his hotel bill. So he still had to pay $90 for a room and he was not allowed access to his luggage to get a change of clothes or a coat. Also, the only room left at the hotel was a smoking room so he said he is smelling a little funky today. Hopefully he will be home tonight.
My drive to work today was slow and cautious. It snowed about 2 inches and then had about 1/4 inch of freezing rain. The snowy roads were predictably slippery but were you really had to be careful was were they had previously plowed and the snow layer was gone just leaving the freezing rain. Those were very slick but don't worry parents I went slow. I did have some issues this morning with my car. I was defrosting it and started to drive out of my driveway when I decided to run back in and get my gloves so I could knock some of the loose ice off my car. So I turned off the car to get my keys to unlock the car. Came back and knocked all the ice off and went to start my car and got that dreaded "I really want to but I just don't have enough juice to start" sound. So I had to search the garage for our battery charger. When I entered the garage there were the two cats sitting five feet from a bird that had got stuck in the garage. I left the door open to free him and dragged the battery charger to the car. I held my breath as I attached all the leads hoping it wouldn't explode. After about 1 min. I gave her a crank and off she went. I was really impressed by the speed of the charger. I definite must have for people like me. Anyway, all is good. I am here at work and Greyson should be home tonight.
Monday, December 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment