Thursday, December 01, 2005

robo-agent

No, not a game. Today, I scheduled a flight with the brightest robo agent ever encountered. I had a complex ticketing need-exchange the old ticket (cancelled in the wake of katrina) for a new one. At first I was a little put off by him, but he soothed me, walking me through the process. He was quite insistent that I stick with him without punching random numerals and other attempts to bypass. His tone of voice was sweet and smooth, and he was so needlessly apologetic in spite of my spewing contradictory info and various obscenities, that in the end I actually was on the verge of telling him "It's ok buddy, I know we all have those days". And I told him thanks. The key word is 'agent'

Maybe we are moving towards a utopian customer service system afterall.

Turns out, I ended up scheduling the same flight that we cancelled months ago because of Katrina.

No comments: