Home Depot called on Thursday afternoon to let us know our refrigerator was in but they couldn't deliver it that day (as had been promised). Was that "okay"? No, it was not okay. However, not much to be done about it. We got a call nice and early (8 a.m.) this morning that our refrigerator was ready to be delivered. However, there was just one little problem. It has a dent in it. Do we still want it for $100 off? Need to see this dent. Turns out it is pretty small and on the side where it won't show. They are installing it as we speak. I am staying out of the room because the deliver guy insulted me. Dad directed them around back like the guys took the old one out. I suggested maybe it would be easier to go through the front door. Without even glancing at the direction of the front door, he proceeded to give me a lecture on how wide these refrigerators are and how you usually have to take the door off its hinges, etc. So much for his tip!
Please let me know whose stuff that is Dad described in his comment to Greyson's post--the t-shirts, sock and DVD. Thanks.
Grandma FarAway went to the doctor yesterday and he told her she can start eating "more complex" foods over the next couple of weeks. After that she will finally get her gastric tube out.
While Dad took down the Christmas lights, I dusted and cleaned floors -- swept, swiffered and wet-swiffered. Then I left to take Grandma to the doctor and he vacuumed all the floors. Apparently, the floors still looked dirty to him. Then he came in and started cleaning the TV screen (which I had dusted earlier). Seems we have a slight communication problem.
The chauvanist delivery men are gone so I'm going to go admire my new frig.
Friday, December 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
turkeys.
We had a wonderful time at your place this xmas.
Hope you'll get a time to relax soon.
Post a Comment