Friday, December 09, 2005

Dean meal

WE are bringing a corned beef dish, side dishes of cabbage, baked potatoes (with fixings- boys like these), and a green salad.  Desert will be a pumpkin cream pie…if I have time I’m going to try out another chocolate pie and white chocolate covered pretzels (unless mom is making those for me)…Brian insists he’s doing the pumpkin recipe..that’s his cooking territory.  The only day he says he’ll have time for the three hour baking process is Saturday.  But we’ll take whatever day is not spoken for- and I’m sure I can handle putting it in the oven and starting the timer.  Although- remember in the day- (to my sister Traci) mom would ask us to take out the cookies when the timer went off…and no matter how hard I tried to remember…I’d miss the timer and smell the burning cookies.  Its one of the few vivid memories that remain for me of the time at the house in Castle Rock….besides chasing you with baby snakes.  So speaking to mom here…why didn’t you buy one of those timers that keeps going off?  My boys get quite annoyed at the one for our oven…and what’s really nice is the oven turns itself off.  Well now that I’ve gotten completely off topic..back to the meal list.  Brian wanted me to post this…and I’m sure we’ll bring much more than this.  My weekend is packed with basketball, shopping, watching Narnia and decorating the house and Christmas tree…so I probably won’t revisit this topic until next week.   FYI:  Nicholas, Emma, Gabe and myself got the chance last night to enjoy sitting in the hot tub with snow still on the ground and the sky was so clear---Nicholas asked why the constellation is called the Milky Way…and I don’t entirely know the answers to all the astronomy question that they have…and how to distinguish stationary satellites vs. stars/planets?  I’d love to get this book that shows what the sky looks like on each night in our area- the presenter at the Goldendale observatory talked about it- it sounded really neat. 

1 comment:

Meldog said...

You are welcome to cook on the 23rd as far as I am concerned. I just won't be there to cook earlier, but I could do the 26th if people are still around.
-Mel