
Greyson and I went in for my weekly doctor appointment yesterday and he took this picture with his cell phone (not bad quality I thought). This is during the non-stress test when they make sure the babies heart rates follow appropriate patterns. I also had an ultrasound and they estimate both babies to be just about 6lbs each which is pretty big for twins (or a single baby) that could still go a couple weeks. They grow about 1/2 lbs a week at this point. The funny part is that the head and abdomen are the size of an average baby but the legs were in the 90 percentile in length. So given their great size I am officially off bed rest and the medicine that I was taking to take the edge off of my contractions. They say they don't know if those pills really do much but let me tell you once the pills were completely out of my system I have been having contractions every few minutes and they were much stronger but still not real labor contractions. I was also happy to find that both babies are now head down- feet up. So now I just wait...
What else... We got the last few baby items we needed- tubing for a breast pump, a locking piece for the seatbelts for installing car seats, and our big splurge was a camcorder to record the babies. We had a really hard time deciding if we should get the camcorder because many people buy them but don't use them. But we finally decided it was worth the risk. And since Greyson's parents are so far away and we only see them 1-2 times a year we could send them videos of the girls. So we decided to go with the cheapest hard drive model ( doesn't use tapes or dvds). The quality isn't great but it is just fine for what we want to do and it can record 7 hrs of video as apposed to just 70 minutes you can fit on the tapes or dvds.
1 comment:
Beautiful belly!
Tell the commish congrats. I tried this comment business before but it didn't post.
Yes, we are technology impaired.
Post a Comment