So I threw open the bedroom curtains this morning to find a lovely sunny day. And out in the driveway are the two Siamese torturing a chipmunk. And since this is the only one I have seen this summer I rush (as much as I can these days) to throw some clothes on, find some flip flops and go out to rescue the poor critter. I grab Parker and he releases the chipmunk who then sprints for the bushes. Louie then pounces on it so I grab him as well. They are both scratching the heck out of me so I grab them both by the scruff of the neck and haul them inside as the poor critter runs to safety.
All that zaps my energy for the morning so I spend some time on the couch recovering. Greyson gets sick of having the cats in the house so after about 45 min. he lets them out and of course they immediately hunt down the recovering chipmunk again. I tell him to go save it and he tries to convince me that it is too late and it is already dead. I am not as convinced so I haul my self out again and finally use a stick to pin the cat down under the deck and haul him out. He starts growling and growling at me and will not release his grip on the poor chipmunk. The chipmunk is not moving a muscle and I can't see it breathing. After a couple minutes of trying to pry the growling jaws of the cat apart I decide he is not going to let go without more extreme measures. So I haul him over to the hose and start to spray him and that finally convinces him to release the chipmunk which immediately comes back to life and slowly scurries away.
So I put the two Siamese back in the house and decide I need a nice soak in the hottub after all that chasing of cats. Miles (our third cat) is hanging out with me by the tub when he notices something climbing around in the bushes. The chipmunk is of course still recovering and trying to climb his way up to safety. Miles is about to sprint after him so I have to snatch him up and ended my peaceful soak so I could put the last cat in the house. After all that I don't know whether that stupid chipmunk has internal injuries or will be just fine. But I know that I am a bit tired. My doctor did say I could start doing more since I am "out of the woods" as far as the babies go. But I don't know if repeated chipmunk saving is what he was referring to.
Monday, June 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment