Saturday, June 30, 2007

Our flagpole came Friday

I am getting excited now that they have delivered our new 21 foot steel pole from Oregon Fence in Springfield. I first mowed the lawn, did some inside chores, and then started my flagpole project. I drilled holes for top and bottom pulley/rope system (of my design so it's anyone's guess as to whether it will work) put in screws and bolts, inserted the doweling from the Porters and then proceeded to primer the galvanized pipe with special zinc rich primer. Tomorrow (24 hours later) I can put on my first coat of brilliant white Rusteolem. The next coat will go on the next day I believe and then I will attach the rope, a gold ball, and new flag and reset out front...........hopefully.
I was really happy to see our rain because they are going to raise the water and sewer rates another 13%. Mom paid the remainder of our balance for the beach house so we should get directions and address soon and will share with everyone on the blog.......... so start reading and start writing.
Mom has talked about taking the kids to Springfield to a water/pool park so I bought five sets of goggles for our grandkids in case this comes to pass.
I had to cut down my pretty flowering plum out front; the arborist stopped by next door and then came over and looked at my trees. When he saw that it moved 3-4 feet by pushing on the trunk he helped my break the root ball. I chained sawed the limbs off and pulled them to a burn pile and then worked the root ball out of the ground and handtrucked it to the back and said goodbye. Weedwhipped the sides of the creek, took a hot shower, and now I think it is time for bed. Love, Dad, Grandpa, Larry

No comments: