Wednesday, June 20, 2007

getting bigger and bigger....

As you can guess I haven't had much to write about these days as my activities are limited. However Greyson was going into town to go to the grocery store today so I rode along to get a haircut. That was my big adventure this week. I think all is ready on the baby front. Only another 2-4 weeks left. I finally packed the official bag for the hospital. I didn't include any soothing music or that sort of thing like they say but I think I will be just fine. I just want to get there, get the job done and get out of there with 2 healthy babies. No bells or whistles needed, right?

The girls' room is almost complete. My father freaked out a little when the changing table/dresser they bought me had some breakage issues when he was putting it together. But with a little glue he got it all together and it looks and works great. Now I just need some curtains and the room should be finished.

My yard is starting to look beautiful with all the flowers. I just wish I could get out and work in the beds a bit. The vegetable garden we planted has turned into a big weed bed. The cats continue there death march on the critters even with their bells on. I have moved all of the bird feeders away from areas where the cats could hide in vegetation and ambush the birds. So now at least the birds will know the cats are there and if they get caught it is their own stupidity. Yesterday a cat brought a half alive snake into the house and the day before he had a half eaten lizard of some sort. The scorpions seem to also be back out and I found one in my dining room just hanging out the other day.

So that is about it. Hope this silence from everyone just means you are all busy.
-Mel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got back from the COSA conference in Seaside Friday evening. It was not real great weather there but didn't actually get rained on much. The presenters were good, and I got lots of free stuff from vendors for the prize box at school.

We are hoping for a big rain today so as not to have to water ($$$$).

How about those Beavs?? I hope they can put it away today. They are fun to watch - seem to be having a good time.

I have one more week officially. I'm not too optimistic I'll get it all done so am planning on working some July 1st and 2nd. We have an end-of-the-year golf game and dinner on Thursday. I haven't played golf since about last year this time. However, there is to be a cart with cooler so there will be relief in some form.

We have one fair-sized green tomato so we may have a ripe one before the end of July. Supposedly the rest will ripen faster if you leave that one until it drops off. Not sure that I'll be able to do that.

Hope everyone is doing well.