Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Sweet Home News (from Mom)

We are grand-dog sitting this week for the Porters, so there are 3 small white dogs running around the place. When I volunteered to do this, Traci neglected to mention that one of the dogs is in heat! Haven't seen any neighbor dogs in the vicinity so I really think she probably is over it. Charlie is having fun bossing the other two around. We had a wet spot on the carpet the first night, but Mollie has been sleeping in the kennel since then. The other two are good sleepers.

Our lawnmower broke so we shall be ready to bale hay by next week when its supposed to be fixed. We are having wonderful warm weather so everything is growing extra fast.

This has been a busy week for me with 3 work evenings--board meeting on Monday, Parent internet safety meeting on Thursday, and our big parent-teacher club auction on Friday. And this weekend I need to get my first draft of that grant finished so I can start the editing and revising stage.

I have written the pregnancy weeks on my calendar so I can keep track of when we (the royal "we", but in actually just Melanie) get to 37. There are lots of birthdays in June and July so I wonder if she'll hit one of them: Tucker, Grandma Far Away, Greyson, Traci, Anita, Brian, Joanne and Gabe. Better odds than the lottery. Chris is definitely the long shot on August 8.

If you get tired of the view from your couch, Melanie, you can always come down here for a week and watch the view from my couch. There is a lounge chair on the deck.

Grandma Far Away has lots of pretty flowers on her deck and front porch/yard this year. I really like the hanging baskets that are in nurseries this time -- lots of different combinations of flowers. Mine are small white flowers with just a dash of red petunias. My strawberries are getting bigger but still very green. Our tomato plants must have set down roots because they are growing. Wish I had a spot for some corn.

Enough rambling.

No comments: