First off- Melanie you better be on the couch reading this!
Secondly- I got asked to do the magnet science position yesterday. So I have to decide by tomorrow morning. It’s an extra .2 which would be as much as both volleyball and basketball coaching combined…and less time away from my kids. So I’m leaning towards saying yes. I’m still upset that it took them a month to ask me after Susie (the other biology teacher and friend of mine) turned her letter in about taking a year off. I was already scheduled to take on the 9th graders for the second year of the science/math magnet- and Susie and I were going to develop all the curriculum for the position this summer…so it isn’t a huge change…but the first year will bring a lot of stress and high expectations. So that’s my personal news.
Brian has been busy buying bike racks and researching truck options. It looks like we are going to upgrade the features on our old truck rather than buy a newer truck. Our truck has had some breaking and power problems since we hooked a 30 foot trailer to it. We got a big scare on our last trip when Brian lost control of the trailer trying to pass a semi- and the trailer started to fish tail- sending the truck back and forth. We were all frightened…except the girls who were both sound asleep in their car seats.
Emma is growing into quite the young lady—very bossy- don’t know where she gets that from. She is very inquisitive and is always full of questions. She’s the only one who wants to spend time with me in my classroom- and asks to see the dead animals in the fridge and spends time looking through all my insect vials. I need to teach her how to use a microscope.
Kalena has taken to removing her diaper as soon as she is wet or dirty- so I think this is a potty training time signal. I’m looking forward to summer and a chance to get her out of diapers and consistently to a toilet. No more children in diapers- soon- I think I should throw a party.
Nicholas is headed to Oaks park today for a field trip. He still spends hours drawing. He’s really a quiet and caring kid….well at least to everyone but his brother. He’s enjoying his position on safety patrol at the school. Tomorrow night we go to the middle school for the informational meeting- its hard to believe he will be going to dances next year.
Gabe is getting all A’s in school- he’s a wonder and a challenge as usual. He’s definitely still my cuddly kid, that evaluates the world around him and is upset with the ruining of the environment. I’m hoping I can get all four of them more involved with leaving a smaller footprint on the planet.
Well I come in early on Wednesdays to get extra work done. So I better get started on it. I still haven’t had time to mail off pictures…and the pictures of the boys aren’t due in until the 17th. The boys have ball games and practice Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Sunday I’m going to do a little baby item shopping for my sister…who should still be on the couch reading this.
Take care. Lots of love. Jenn.
No comments:
Post a Comment