Tuesday, November 29, 2005

giving thanks

Had a great tg. 3 dogs indoors = 1 toddler and consequently round the clock dog issues. Got the old geezer dog with limited excretory controls (doberman). Got the little fox terrier, full of vigor, speed, and tennis ball obsession (also likes to piddle as a show of submission), and got our dog (Rhodesian ridgeback) big and strong and young, who with one whip of her 87 pound frame, literally knocks the tee tee out of the other two. It was quite the ordeal. The whine of the carpet shampooer is a fixture in my psyche.

Thank you for that, the pinochle trouncing, and the always delicious meals and hospitality. It was wonderful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your wife bragged about your snow. And, yes, I am jealous!

grudd said...

Wasn't exactly snow. More like sneet. Last night, I hustled to get the snow tires on, and got in a record traffic jam on the way home. 2 hours for about 4 blocks. I kid you not. I was so bored, I started honking the horn, but nobody wanted to join me in my making musical light of our collective wasting of heartbeats. No telling what the holdup was.