Friday, October 07, 2005

Have you no shame?

Tim, Deans, Dad, Greyson...where are you? Too important to reply, post, try and keep familial ties across the miles. I had to have bloodwork done I'm so sick. But hey, I still muster the initiative, the courtesy to keep you informed.

And if any of you get my name for Christmas, just disregard this because I know you have obligations, you're taking care of dogs, or cats, or maybe even kids. Homework, housework, you're in personal crisis perhaps, constipated, whatever. I understand.

But if you don't draw my name, I think you're bloodsucking, probably male, passive aggressive leeches. And I've had it. I put myself out there, clear out into cyberspace and all I get back is a blank white stare.

Mom and Mel, keep it up. You get on to Texas little gal, and Mom and I can work on our puns like we did last year in the cornmaze. I'm directionally challenged, but I'm looking forward to the cornblaster. Hey Jen, are the boys coming?

Dad, my fence just fell down, and all your front yard landscaping died with our first frost. Good Lord, it's amazing. I would have said something earlier, but with Katrina and everything, I didn't want to appear trivial.

Greyson, we've found strong religious reasons to discontue any use of the X box.

Jen and Brian, All our kids came back from school with head lice and some sort of contagious skin infections, and the doctor says to keep them confined for 10 days, but we think 4 days on these antibiotics should keep your kids safe. I hope that's alright?

Grandma, my email, wait, I'll shout it just in case you don't have your hearing aid, MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS TNTPORTER@MSN.COM


Tim, their office is on 8th street. I can't go into details, but with me going down to California to help further your career, my leaving my director job, and bearing you three children, well the courts find a lot of importance there. I'm a reasonable person and I like your blue eyes, and for the children's sake, for them you might want to review you lack of blog activity. They can track this sort of thing. It's not like the old days where you can hide out from things like this like you could from child support.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma is excused. She tries to comment but the BLOG won't let her. She needs her user name and password to do it. Maybe Melanie has it and can e-mail it to her.

grudd said...

bravo. The first online family castration.

soggy pete said...

Here I am! Here I am!

soggy pete said...

OK, my wife doesn't want me to comment here but I can't help myself.

Brian and Jen, It was a joke. I think if you read through the whole blog again you will see that this was a fun way to get people to comment on the blog. There was never any harm meant. The fence didn't really fall down, our children don't have head lice and we haven't found any religious reasons to not play X-Box.

Jen,

Your comment was inappropriate and should never have been posted. If you have a problem this severe with what someone writes on the blog you should discuss it with them in person and not share it for everyone to see. Also, just for your information Traci is currently taking at least an hour every day to go visit and read to a women at the nursing home that we don't even know. She is also training to become a SMART reader for the schools even though our children know how to read. She also takes the time every day to go to AA and share her story with others so that they may save themselves from some of the sorrows she has experienced. So, the next time you decide to judge someone you might want to get to know them before doing so.

Tim

grudd said...

Mel and I thought your posts (especially this one) are hilarious, Traci. Thanks for thinking about us, and making us laugh. I read your stuff, and I often don't feel like I have something to contribute other than a snide (sp?) remark. I like all the stories I see on here. Deep breaths for all.