I went to Mel and Greyson's wednesday and helped? Greyson with procuring the finishing materials for the "palace completion". Just the roof, paint, tarpaper, hinge, etc was around $100. I think the design was great and should keep Ada very warm in the winter; but I secretly wonder if she won't weasel her way back into the house more often then not. I helped Melanie split and stack more wood the next night. I use a 2# hand sledge and a splitting wedge, made decent headway, but I sure am not the woodchopper I used to be.
I got stuck on I-5 South for over 2-3 hours on my return trip. There was at least one semi turned over blocking a lot of traffic and with the tow trucks, police, and other emergency vehicles it was a long time before I reached the rest area before Woodburn. At least south bound moved off and on. I noticed that I-5 N was totally stopped with traffic backup up almost to Salem.
I picked up Grandma Faraway's chair in Albany. It had been repaired (we hope) in Vancouver. They covered it in a plastic slipcover, but tore a hole in the plastic that you could put your fist thru and then slapped some wide, clear tape around the hole without being actually sure to cover the hole. I did not notice the hole until I pulled into Bi-Mart in Lebanon to check everything. They also refused to use any twine to tie the chair to the bed hooks and so I had to stop at Home Depot and ask for some of their twine. Janice was at Mom's and she helped me bring the chair in.
Charlie is an extra great riding companion. She observes everything from her fleece bed which I put on top of boxes in the back seat and then curls up and sleeps during any major drive.
If you should sleep at Greyson's do not sleep with the ever loveable Miles the Magnificient. At first he is sweet and acts like he will sleep, but then when you really are ready to sleep he starts throwing his entire body on your head, scratching your armpits, and finally resorting to biting your arm with the best of hisintentions.
Friday, September 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Did you at least get Ada an Elvis poster?
Post a Comment