My kids are getting bored, and they've taken to voicing the cats' lives. Christian and Tuck have written chapter 1 of their book- I found it this morning on their beds, and though I didn't ask their permission, I thought I'd share what I found.
The Cat Wars
Once upon a time there were cats trained as Jedi. One of the cat Jedi was named Sherbert. Sherbert had an apprentice named Sam. Sherbert and Sam were sent on a mission to defeat all the Sith cats. There were only two Sith cats lift in the galaxy. These two Sith cats were named Darth Abigail and Darth Elijah. Sherbert and Sam found our where the Sith cats were hiding.
I'm awaiting Chapter 2. The plot seems vaguely familiar?
India presented the cats lives as more of a play last night.
I was on our front porch, the evening warm around me, the cats milling about. India watched as Abigail, a plump black cat walked slowly towards her on the steps. I put my editing pen down and watched Eli rub against India's back. Abbi finally came close enough India could pet her. "Well you're home," India said stroking her.
"Mother," India says in a higher, sweet cat voice, "Can I have your credit card?"
"Now Abbi," India gently laughs, her best motherly voice.
Eli rubs against India, and India gives him a long stroke, Eli's backbone curving to her touch. then India tries to pet Abbi, but Abbi walks away. "You touched the loser," comes the high, cat voice.
"Mother, why does Abbi have to be so sassy?" This time a deeper, cat voice.
"I don't know." The Motherly voice says, India shaking her head at Eli.
And on goes the 3 characters in this imaginary cat world, and I take pleasure in the one daughter, the true character.
I'll keep you posted on any further feline happenings.
Traci
Friday, September 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
think about how the litterbox figures into it. Is the desert like environment sort of like Tatooine? And does jabba the hut reside there?
Post a Comment