Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Applesauce Day

So, not a word from the Porters about the Kah-Nee-Tah trip - I have to believe that means they were home early???

We went with the Rudds to the beach overnight. The weather was beautiful. Had a roomy place to stay, pinochle, walks on the beach, etc. Very nice.

Jennifer and I have set October 8 as Applesauce Day. If you would like to participate, you need to show up with apples and containers to put the finished sauce in. An ice chest would be a good idea as well unless you plan to can. I just freeze mine 'cause its easier and tastes just as good.

Dad is in Stevenson this evening helping finish off Ada's dog house before the rains set in. Dad noticed a big mess in the garage after Ada had been at our house. (The 3 dogs stayed all by themselves here while we went to the beach.) There was some implicit, although not verbalized, blaming of a certain visiting dog. However, this morning I noticed more stuffing ripped from the dog bed and Charlie standing over it looking quite triumphant. Perhaps Ada just showed her how to do it like Greta did the pop cans. By the way, we now keep the pop can box up high enough Charlie can't reach it.

Not much new at work. I am renewing my administrative license in another few months and it will be good for 5 years. So, this is a "last time" event. I'm beginning to watch for those.

XOXOXOXO
Mom

1 comment:

Meldog said...

Mother,
My father told me that your latest school pictures were great so I will be expecting you to mail me one ASAP.