The best apples for applesauce are the softer type: pippin, Rhode Island, Greening, Mcintosh, Elstar, Cortland, Fuji, Gala and Gravenstein. Adding a little lemon juice for a tarter taste or more sugar for those with a sweeter palate.
How does Mom feel about the Lasagna bake-off? And how much should we pitch in for the apple/peeler/corer?? The canning of sauce sounds great, but Whole Lasagna dishes are frozen so I don't see why we couldn't.
Christian decided he wanted fashion this year... his sweats for B-ball season and weekends only. Since we hadn't really bought him anything we obliged and took him to get more of the skater look with Union Bay shirts and cargo type pants. Everything just drapes off the boy, but he says he likes it like that. He's wanting Vans and Etnies instead of the "too narrow" Nike's he's always cherished. Those will have to wait until Christmas I'm afraid. This whole growing up process is coming much too soon. I thought 13 or 14 maybe for the boys. Tuck is content with his look I guess.
Christian got Mr. Birkby which is his first male teacher, a good one I've heard, and he's quite excited to be the big bad 5th grader, the oldest at this school. India is in a 3rd.4th combined class. I think that's best for her. Tuck is just glad to have a teacher and promised me he'd be kind to the little kindergarteners.
I finished the Five People You Meet in Heaven...not too impressive, but a quick read. Now I'm on to Raising Cain, about boys' emotional development. It's been great so far.
Grandma, are you out there? Haven't heard anything from you. As Yoda might say, "So Faraway, you seem."
Thursday, September 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's funny about christian doing the skater look. It's becoming increasingly cool to define oneself with off (but amongst the cool, on) brands. Mel and I recently went shopping for t-shirts that are expressly not nike, reebok, or adidas. For me, it's partly political and self-expression, and partly the cool factor, having some interesting rarely seen marks and nearly unique designs on something so ubiquitous as a t-shirt. Skaters somehow validate counterculture, and anti-corporate mentality, and in the process are strongly influencing the mainstream.
Post a Comment