Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Dean family update

Ok- so my apologies for somehow involving all my colleagues on the blog.  As far as the Dean family- we are busy.  I’m swamped but happy.  Mother I haven’t forgot about the inquiry inservice—just haven’t had a free moment.  If you could e-mail me those dates again- that would be great. 

Gabe is playing both offensive and defensive positions in football.  He loves it.  I started with him today- because I’m at the school with him until 7:15 on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

Nicholas is playing indoor soccer- I think middle school has increased in its demands on him- he hasn’t been as enthusiastic…or it could be the fact that he has a cold. 

Emma’s preschool experience is improving.  She even raised her hand to answer a question this week…the teacher immediately called on her.  I know- with my earlier concerns- that I probably put them on high alert when I join their circle time.  I’m trying to be very supportive and encouraging of the teachers there…I know their patience is incredible.

Kalena- well she spent Monday with her uncle Greyson…and she came away without any bumps or bruises….or even ink drawings on her skin- which is more than I can say about a day with her father.  I mean that in the nicest sweetest way honey J   Anyway- thanks Greyson- we really do appreciate it- and would love the chance to return the favor with your little ones- my nieces.  Kalena went potty on the toilet Monday morning..it took patience on my part after she first woke up.  I will do this every morning…just get up an extra 10 minutes….sure- who needs sleep.

My husband is still truck shopping.  We are looking for a F350, that’s got less than 50,000 or so miles…and is in good condition.  Brian had to ride with a smoker for the last few days- so now he has developed a cough.  I bought him a mug- that I’ll bring home tonight- for him to take to work- it says “Care if I smoke?”   and then you turn it- “Care if I die”….and it has healthy vs. smokers lungs…I got it on my field trip to see the “Bodies” at OMSI…I thought it would be appropriate to get the message across to this “friend” that he works with.

Well I need to get done with my work- so I can pick up Gabe on time.  Take care everyone.  Sorry my blogging has been so infrequent…but I’m just a tad bit busy. 

1 comment:

grudd said...

It was a pleasure. Kalena's age is an awkward one for me. Not sure how to entertain her, but we did lots of coloring. Mostly her telling me what to draw. Also, she was more interested in passing around the books rather than hearing me read them to her.