Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Burr!!! in California

Well, we've had some unwanted cold weather with rain. Does anyone feel sorry for us, in Simi Valley?
Actually it is cold when you're out doing puppy training after work, in the dark. And of course, a golden retriever puppy is quite warm in his fur. Then I am bundled up and ready to go in the house after 15 minutes ( quite a wimp, I am)

This last week end was very nice; took Murphy to the park to work with good distractions. He's trying so hard; but why can;t he just figure out how to sit straight, heel properly and then I wouldn't have to correct him so much.. Oh well, he's getting better and that's whats important.

Mom/ Grandma is looking for a smaller car to fit into her garage; she also wants all the bells and whistles. Even the Toyota Camry, Altima etc are not as small as she would like. And her Crown Victoria has such plush, comfortable front seats, that she is having trouble finding a nice good feeling seat. So the hunt is still on.

Michelle made a surprise to trip to Chicago to visit her sister last week end. Her friend was flying to Wisconsin for a bridal shower, so Michelle tagged along. Stephanie was very surprised and they had a nice visit. Of course, there was snow where Michelle was there; she sent lots of fun pictures to our phone, so it was fun to see the snow balls, and little dogs out trying to find somewhere to do their duty. And only finding cold snow.

Stephanie is 32 weeks pregnant and due April 14th. Could be an easter baby, or on the grandpa's birthday which is March 28th. So we are all VERY excited.

Good luck, melanie... hope you enjoy your pregnancy as much as Stephanie does.

Love to all,
Chris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

April 14th is just around the corner (and also one day past Melanie's birthday). I'll bet everyone is getting very excited. Have we heard yet whether its a boy or a girl or is that being kept a secret?

I tried to do this comment thing before and it disappeared so hope I'm not repeating.

Anyway - nothing much new around here. We are still getting cold rain and wishing for spring. I do have one daffodil that is showing color.