Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Dean family update

Well the trip to Sea and Sand RV park was great.  Both Saturday and Sunday morning were bright and sunny.  The fog on Saturday rolled in around 10 or so.  Gabe discovered that sea gulls can catch peanuts from the air.  We collected 40 or 50 rocks/agates at low tide…this time the high tide would come clear up to the rocks…if you weren’t paying attention you’d get soaked…I got caught both days- and watched several other couples get soaked or make a mad dash for the rocks.  I think Brian enjoyed building the fire and keeping it going the most.  Kalena was the usual handful- she got very frustrated when we tied up the white gate to block her from dashing away from our campsite- then she proceeded to find the way around the back side of the trailer…she would head straight for the puddles and of course stomp in them.  Inside the trailer it wasn’t much calmer- whoever designed this trailer did not have children- the stereo is low to the ground- and too much of a temptation for an almost 2 year old child.  If you heard beeping or static you knew Kalena was back at the stereo.  Luckily she hasn’t figured out yet how to open the fridge or the bathroom door.  Unfortunately she does know how to unlock and open the main trailer door- letting our JRT Mariah escape.  A deaf dog is difficult to call back.  Mariah was perfect the whole trip – no accidents or problems…except when she got into the trash and ate a half a cup of grease- this caused some throwing up in the truck ride home.  Nicholas was not happy about having to clean that up.  Emma still won’t come near the water- she just likes to play in the sand- she won’t even join me in the hot tub anymore.  I don’t know if it was the watching of Jaws or some nature show on sharks- but she does not like any type of water body.   We have scheduled two more camping trips- any one is welcome to join us- April 6th-7th at the Cannon Beach RV resort – we have a site right across from the playground and pool reserved.  May 11th and 12th at Cape Disappointment site 5.  We also have a small trailer- if some family members want to get their vehicles properly equipped for towing- they could borrow this and try out the trailer (moteling it) life.  Brian’s hunting trailer has three beds- but no bathroom.  The fridge is just an ice box- so good to store some drinks in.  Brian sold the Honda Civic- so that’s out of our driveway.  We are getting a nice tax return and purchasing a new wood stove for the down stairs.  I’m still trying to get my husband and father motivated to build the loft beds- I’ve sent several designs to my husband- I think the build it ourself plan will provide the sturdiest and cheapest option- but also the most difficult to get started…since I do not want to do the actual purchasing of the products…but I will provide the money and the design ideas…and plans- there are several free on the internet.  Although I keep looking on Craig’s list for them…but the good deals are always sold by the time I see the ad.  Well my students are taking a test today- so I had time to write this update.  Gabe’s last wrestling match is in the Portland area (I think) this Saturday.  Nicholas is playing indoor soccer on the weekends- his games are on Saturday at 10:30 am at the indoor soccer arena off of 162nd. 

No comments: