The Peru trip sounds wonderful. Were there any scary parts -- failing electricity? I understand they advised you to bring your flashlights.
The locals probably just thought Bob was a little eccentric when the maid told stories of all the new toothbrushes in the trash. Or did he bring them home and boil them? I wonder if you can microwave a toothbrush?
There must be more stories to tell and a few pictures to post.
I hope Melanie is rethinking out of the country vacationing after Aunt Chris' message. I was thinking the same thing, but it has so much less impact when it comes form ones mother, let alone mother-in-law. How about Palm Springs? Or some resort in Arizona? Isn't there Lake something-or-other?? Lots of nice resorts where they will pamper you.
I understand Jennifer had a few days of snow vacation. I hope this doesn't mean they have to go to school until July. We had one early release day when everyone got to school before it started snowing like crazy. I called Dad and asked him to bring our 5 plastic sleds which he did. The kids had a great time sledding. There is actually a nice wide hill on the west side of the school.
Really enjoyed the books the Deans got me and Grandma for Christmas. The Glass Castle was especially good - I recommend it to everyone. The other one, The Memory Keepers Daughter, is good for everyone except Melanie. It would freak her out.
Had a good, but short, visit with the Porters last weekend when they braved the pass and drove over. Played some pinochle & watched the dogs play. Four dogs, that is. Katia, Charlie, Lucy and Molly. Lucy and Charlie had a rope tug-a-war, and it was pretty funny to see the 2 sisters at it. They are almost the same size now, except Charlie is still somewhat stout. Maybe there's something in the house insulation that causes people who live here to be obese. Molly looks like a dust mop.
I have been very bad at going to the gym the last couple of weeks. I'm vowing to turn over a new leaf tomorrow.
And what's up with y'all?
Friday, January 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We had a great visit at Mom and Dad's and the dogs tired each other out. They are such fierce terriers. Grandma Faraway is so tolerant of our wild beasties.
Post a Comment