Melanie gave us quite a scare. Her follicles went into super overdrive after the implanting & she ended up with a gallon of fluid in her belly and very little in her blood stream. The kidneys don't work well in that situation. This was a known risk, but we were hoping it wouldn't happen. Anyway, we made a mad rush to Portland to see her. She was better by the time we got there but still looked beat up. She has had enough shots and blood draws and IV's in the last couple of months to last a lifetime. Poor baby.
She's at OHSU and will be for a week or two. We are moving Thanksgiving to Jennifer's house.
The wind is blowing and its raining tonight. Makes me freaked out that the trees will topple.
I'm baking pies, cooking giblets & Larry is chopping veggies. We'll pack it up and take it all to Washougal. Hope there are no disasterous spills. Compared to the scare we had today though, it kind of puts everything else into perspective.
I am very thankful for my whole family, blood and by marriage. May they stay well and happy.
j
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Argh, she is having a rough time, but at least is getting some much needed painkillers. It really hurts to watch Mel go through this. She has an ungodly pain tolerance, and I can't imagine what she is feeling these days. I thought she would be in good shape in the care of all of these physicians, but the installation of the shunt was excrutiating for her. She now is full of painkillers and getting a much needed sleep. The upside of course, is that she is still carrying at least one kid of ours.
I'm writing from the hospital lobby right now. Thanks for all of your support. I'll be heading to the thanksgiving refuge at the deans for a little while.
I have mel's direct number if anyone would like to call her. Call my cell (360.624.5212) and I'll get it to you.
G
Post a Comment