Tuesday, August 09, 2005

end drawing near

Dang. Nothing like a holding garage sale to convince you how little you really need. Funny stuff. So I scheduled the earliest time possible to present my portfolio-this evening only an hour and ten minutes from now. It's the end of an 8 week long class, an abbreviated one that is perhaps the most important class in the program. That may have been a mistake as I still have more classes with which to build my book. My work, style, and outlook has changed so much since I got my first job with America the Beautiful Dreamer. I went into that job the perfect snotty undergrad idealist with immovable know-it-all design sensibilities, stalwartly defending my principles and elements against the corporate used car starburst (futon) sales act now and you'll also receive monstrosity. The same could be said for Gould Packaging. I have mixed feelings about my book. I'm happy with most of the things I have in my portfolio, but I'm not sure it is presented in the best form possible. We'll see this evening I suppose. Yesterday, after scrambling to get things to the printer, I curled up with a nice story driven RPG game for most of the day. It was kind of the weekend that I didn't have.

There will be some residual aggressions that I will need to release in a blizzard of bullets, pellets, and laser blasts this saturday upon my loving family. I just have to say I love you all but...bring your game. I may have to offer some prizes (used games). It's my garage sale of sorts. Maybe the winner will receive a beautiful set of used beige/plaid musty smelling curtains from our living room.

So, bring your Ghost Recon 2's and your Halo 2s and whatever else you would like to play, and of course it'd be sweet if we could get a 4 box tourney going, but we need a couple of volunteers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, how did it go????

Anonymous said...

We could help with the box thing if you tell me specifically what we need to bring.

grudd said...

Hey, if ya want, bring the box, the power cord, and the cords (with red white and yellow ends).

My presentation went pretty good. There are some things I could definitely improve I think, but I have quite a few classes and potential projects for my portfolio yet. I'm taking the portfolio class early.

Anonymous said...

You without doubt have a style all your own when it comes to creating these nice blog posts.