Sunday, August 07, 2005

Cutting bait

(Janice/Mom talking) Okay, I have given up on the everyone-at-the-beach idea for this year.

I will get reservations a LOT earlier next year. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up in vain.

With all the fun things we did this summer, I still feel a little incomplete without a trip to the beach. When we were there on Friday it was cool and very windy. I got Dad out on the beach for about 20 seconds before his whining about the flying sand got too much.

We went for a hike on Saturday - picked a way too steep trail. Charlie kept looking back at us like, "what's keeping you folks?" We left Katia home so she wouldn't die on the trail, although she said that was how she preferred to go.

1 comment:

Meldog said...

Maybe we could move the "get together" to Christmas time like Traci suggested or the camping that Brian suggested or the rafting thing. I do have a feeling that after the gaming day and family reunion day I won't be jonesing for more family interaction for at least a week or two.