I know it's soon, but the early bird gets the worm. This next year it seems we will all be together for Christmas. What fun!! Now, for an equally-stressed, equally-exciting adventure, I suggest we take the plunge and get a place in Sunriver. We can sled, ski, hot-tub and have lots of room. We can share the cooking and cleaning. I propose Mom and Dad bring their fake tree. Well, we can talk about all that later.
The house I'm suggesting is the same one I wanted for this last year, and it got booked early for all the holidays. The web site is northwoods-lodge.com. We'd have a 5 night minimum stay. I think 6 days is perfect to settle in, play, celebrate, and then sleep in before saying "goodbye", and "oh how we should do this next year." The cost is $540 for each party -Sharps/Grandma - Grudds/Sharps- Porters- Deans. For five nights at a luxury house during Christmas, I think that's pretty good. That includes the cleaning fee and tax. I checked for weeks last fall and it is by far the best value. They also have an even more deluxe place- owner owned- and it goes for $650 for each party.
This could be our gifts to each other. Please check it out and let me know soon. Also Check out the owner special touches picture.
Friday, January 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think that sounds like a pretty good idea. I haven't spoken with my hubby yet but I am voting for the trip in leau of presents.
I looked at the calander and Christmas is on Sunday next year. Is there a certain date range that is open. I think if we went down on Friday and stayed through Wed. that would be nice.
Post a Comment