Wednesday, January 19, 2005

I am now in touch

I have my new laptop all hooked up for internet on the road. I will be checking the blog breifly each night and will expect something entertaining to read.

I am working at Priest Rapids dam here in central Washington. It is about an hour Northwest or the Tri-cities and we are staying in a town called Desert Aire. There is not much here and the mexican food we tried last night was terrible. We actually saw them reheating much of the food in the microwave before serving us. The job is going well. We are very happy that it warmed up, the freezing rain is not fun to work in. I should be home around Feb 3rd.

2 comments:

soggy pete said...

Greta is almost potty-trained meaning that if she's put out every few hours and watched carefully in the mornings, she has no accidents.
She can sit. She can stay for about one, two, maybe three seconds. I think her favorite game is to get Lindy all excited and growling. It has been wonderful to have some warmer weather so the dogs can realize that the yard is not just for pooping. In the warmth, Tim saw some calves frisking about their field the other day on his trip to Redmond. I notice Tim has lots of meetings that gather at Pizza Huts and Round Tables. Now my life is pretty cushy, but everytime I call his cell, there's laughter in the background, male voices free to goof off and get paid for it.

Christian got 2nd. in the district Elk freethrow contest. He was ready to as "Lainey" out. But then a new boy moved in, and I guess she's quit flirting with him and is checking out the new boy. I told Christian to be patient, that this was normal, but he didn't really believe me.

India is really liking volleyball.

Tuck throws and catches and does these fakes when no-ones around him. He's not picky, he'll catch socks,paper,toys...it doesn't matter. He continues to walk around each evening topless. I don't know what that's all about.

We're gearing up to use our floor cleaner this weekend. Any last minute tips??

grudd said...

let's see
dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs mel, traci, dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs. Those are some very funny stories btw. I'm just joshin' ya.


traci, I've noticed the tucker behavior of sock double pump fakes, particularly when the adults are caught up in other activities.

At least it's not laughing women in the background.

Ok is there anything else smart alecky that I can say?

I'm going to bed now. I created a piece for a non-profit org that I'm proud of. I was previously unhappy with my ideas. Happy that I had a lot of them, but anyways, I'm stoked to have this illustration that I made. I might stylize and refine it a bit and enter it into some contests and things. I think the composition is there. Just needs some TLC that 2 straight days of work did not cover.