Tuesday, April 24, 2007

What happened to everyone??

I know, it is hard to compete with a new baby, especially a cute one like Noah. But that is no reason not to post.

I have been taking every moment of sunshine to get outside. I have been going for walks at a local park while Greyson rollerblades. We wear Ada out by having her run with Greyson the first lap and then let her walk the second lap with me. If she had a harness she could really pull you along. I have also been trying to get in a bunch of yard work while I can still move and bend over. I am not good for mowing the whole yard any more but I can still get half of it in at a time before I get really tired. I have given up bagging the clippings though, and put the mulcher back on. I also planted some annuals I got from Bi-mart; marigolds, petunias, inpatients, geraniums... My lilacs are all still waiting for more sun to bloom but my evergreen clematis has been blooming for about a month. The birds are back, although I still only have 2 hummingbirds coming to my feeder. We still need to plant the vegetable garden. I bought some peppers, tomatoes and tomitilloes starts that need to get in the ground.

We are leaving on Sunday for San Diego. The weather isn't supposed to be real warm but at least it will be sunny. Regardless I am sure it will be nice to get away and relax. My father is going to come up for a few days to watch the pets while we are gone. I will have to stock the fridge with some treats, like chocolate milk, so that he isn't too miserable up here all alone.

I am looking forward to the coast trip again this year. I hope everyone can make it. It should be quite a different experience with 2 little ones in tow, but I am sure we will get lots of volunteers to help, right? I like how my father said, we are "letting" Mel and Greyson have the separate carriage house. That is because nobody wants screaming babies waking everyone up all night. But we are very thankful to have that space, it looks great.

Hope everyone is doing well.
-Mel

No comments: