Hello everyone,
What a wonderful time for the Manger family! Our Noah is just a doll; weighed in at 8 lbs 1 oz. 19 inches. Stephanie is doing well after her C/section.. So glad medicine has changed some of the incisional closure methods so there isn't as much discomfort. Since they close the incision with staples, moms can take showers and bulky dressings are not needed.
Noah lost weight, as all babys do.. and is working on gaining it back. It's good that Mom's get a home health visit after going home, so a nurse comes out and checks out the mother and baby.. Steph is breast feeding which is so much easier than preparing bottles, but takes a little time to establish a pattern etcs... Nice that there are lactation specialist who work with the mom to give advise and reassurance.
Phil and I stayed in a hotel close by so I could avoid " excessive hovering". Of course, it was soooooooooooo hard to restrain myself. Steph was just great about letting us hold and change Noah, knowing that we wouldn't get to see him again until August. They are coming out to a wedding in California and we get to baby sit him in the hotel and then they will visit us for a week.
Melanie looks so cute!! The Sharp grandparents are in for a lot of new joy, also. What fun it will be..
I'm having trouble sending pictures, so will post this and try to send baby pictures.
Love to all,
Chris/ Little Sis
Sunday, April 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes, we are looking for more pictures. So glad things are going well for Mom and baby.
I'm sure you will be counting the days until August, and he will have changed so much by then. I love them at that 3-4 month stage--all smiles.
Congratualations, Grandma & Grandpa. I will check each day for new updates and pictures. Love, Larry
Post a Comment