Friday, October 20, 2006

DEan family update

Ok- my intruder (Greyson) was great.  My students were surprised- and complaining ‘that’s not right’- so I had to remind them a murder isn’t planned for an eye witness..it just happens.  They will be turning in sketches and info on him on Monday. Today is homecoming so our school is a little crazy right now.  I’m a little worn out- I’ve had a parent come up to me right after our last two volleyball games and just lecture me about some complaint or another- one parent it was about her daughter’s playing time, and last night it was because I let them out of practice early to go to a meeting….its been a little frustrating- and I was tired, stressed and that was the last straw last night- I had to make a quick exit outdoors as the tears flooded out.  My girls have lost only one game this entire season- and I was up on this great feeling that I’d gotten all 13 girls into each of the three matches- and all with about equal playing time- and we were still able to win all three games…then to just still have complaints.  Its very trying.  I need a weekend!  Well the bell is about to ring- and I need to mark tardies.  Everyone have a great Friday!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stupid parents suck. They are lucky to have you whether they know it or not.

Anonymous said...

That's why you're the coach and they are the parent.

You should keep a file of the nice notes/comments you get. When these unfair things happen, pull out the file and get the good feelings back.

Dumb parents.

grudd said...

Glad things worked out with the intruder. I noticed people were thinking it was weird when I came and asked to use the dishwasher.

Hmm. Wasn't there like a "good ol' days" where parents had to schedule a conference to meet with a teacher? Back when parents weren't simply venting, and instructors weren't getting caught off-guard? I don't remember my folks harassing the coach. Sure they didn't go to the meets, but if they were to attend one, it might have been more difficult for harassment to occur.