So I am off for two weeks to work down outside of Eugene at McKenzie Bridge. It is the same spot I spent during the 2 summers after graduation for fire fighting. I am excited to go back and see it all again. I know my crew boss still lives there so I plan to look him up.
My next cycle of shots starts next week. I hope everything goes better this time but I am not too optimistic.
Greyson has some friends over tonight. He made a huge batch of fried chicken and I made some brownies for desert. He has been busy putting together some proposals for work in the community. He has made some great contacts in the last month and it looks like some work is going to come through.
We are going down to Louisiana for Christmas. I just need to figure out the best time. Greyson Was suggesting the 19th-27th. So if you all have some time off after that, maybe we can get together for a weekend. Maybe the New Year? That leaves us home for Thanksgiving so I will plan on being at mom and dad's.
I finished Traci's book last week. I thought it was great and really is better than 80% of what I have read. It is kind of funny but I see parts of our family, especially her, in the characters she writes about. I need to send her an email with some details of my thoughts. Keep working Traci, others will find out how good it is too. We will see you on Oprah's bookclub some day.
The kittens are sleeping on my chest as I write this so I better say "goodnight". I don't know if I will have internet for the next two weeks so I might not be in contact much.
Melanie
Sunday, October 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks Mel. You have no idea how hard it is to start on another book and keep optimistic. You made my whole week? I'm sending it to this editor, my "writing coach" to find how to make it more publishable.
This new novel is in modern times and should actually be easier to pitch/bigger audience etc. I'll attatch the first 7 pages. It's four characters alternating throughout the entire book. I have the outline and plot and sub-plots locked in my mind and recorded on computer files -in case of amnesia- and I'm very excited about it. The first set of character entries will give you all a feeling of this novel. I'll attach it tonight or tomorrow.
When will the next egg cycle's report be reported??
Tucker went to Tim's coach's memorial. Tim introduced Tuck to his old track coach and Tuck said increduosly,"he came back from the dead?"
Tuck also thinks those big golden dogs are golden receivers not retrievers.
Tim gave home bearing chocolate an absolute must for a struggling writer. I must go and thank him. Whoppers, almond joy, milky way...ooh. I really have to go.
Traci
Post a Comment