Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Recovering from chores

We asked my father to come up for two jobs; picking up a dryer and cutting down some trees around our garden. Somehow that turned into days of tree cutting throughout multiple areas, days of deck staining, fixing the heater ducting in the crawl space, tightening the toilet down, staining the hottub and changing it's water, making a dump run and cleaning the garage. I have to admit I didn't do that much work and I am still trying to recover. I have never seen a person drink as many liquids as my father drank while he was here. He was going through a gallon of milk a day, coffee in the morning, lemonade at lunch and some beer at night. It was amazing. He said he gets thirsty when he works. Anyway, it was awesome to get that many jobs done and it was great to have my father's help.

I started in on my shots last week. There is really nothing to it. Greyson gets the meds ready and I inject. The only bad part is that they are supposed to put me into a temporary menopause with all the associated symptoms. I haven't noticed anything yet. But I am always cold so maybe the hot flashes just make me comfortable. So anyway, so far so good.

-Mel

No comments: