Yes, here I am in the lovely city of Rufus, Oregon only an earshot distance from good 'ol Arlington. Things have been going well here. I am get to leave early from work tomorrow to make my last class before finals on Tuesday. This means I also get to spend the night at home and then leave very early the next morning to make it back here by 7am. We are staying in a rather interesting hotel. That would actually be a very forgiving adjective for it. I don't mind run down but this place is old and DIRTY. You don't want to walk around in bare feet. The nice part is that we are across the street from the dam. I have also slept like a rock in this hard old bed that I am sleeping in.
My biggest problem is that my computer is overheating (I think) and shutting down every 10 minutes. That makes it very hard to finish my final project for my class. So tonight I am experimenting with an ice pack under the hottest part of the laptop. Hopefully that will help of I am going to be in a panic. That's all from the desert, Mel
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Maybe your computer is menopausal and having hot flashes.
You should get hazard pay if you are sleeping with cooties and bedbugs. Better take slippers with you from now on & maybe your own sleeping bag. I agree -- old and run down is one thing, but dirty is another.
I had a hotel once, in L.A. that when you bent down to say pack...you got up to find this dirty grease stain on your knees. Mom's right...slippers are a must.
I'm tired of this dirty yard and no shrubs or trees or hot tub. Can't wait for the weather to warm. Other than that we're heading to Portland to stay in a hotel and watch the Dance team compete at State.
Jen,
We're bringin the kids so do you know if you have the boys this weekend???
I'll try and call tonight if you don't reply. I'll give you the hotel we're staying at and our arrival time/departure time to see if we can't meet sometime this weekend??
Post a Comment