Thursday, May 01, 2008

P90X and other updates

Mel, I hope your stomach muscle is okay. Did you pull a muscle or was it just muscle fatigue kicking in? So how are things going with P90X in general? Is it getting any easier now that you are into your 2nd week. I am in the middle of week 7 and am really starting to see some differences which is nice.

Everything at the Porter household is going well. Traci is working basically full-time now and with all the baseball games and track meets we seem to keep very busy. Christian was sick for a full week with a temperature hovering around 101 - 103. It must have been a stubborn one. He continues to participate in track and is also doing some of the P90X workouts with me. India is doing very well in her track and I have been quite impressed with her athleticism. Tucker is playing baseball and is really pretty good for not having played very much.

How is everyone else doing out there in blogger land?

Tim

4 comments:

grudd said...

I've been enjoying it, and I was not even crippled after completing the second week's chest, back and plyos. I got a heart rate monitor, and stayed in the low 160s (peaked at 175!) in plyos, so I was pretty much anaerobic the whole time. It allowed me to push a little harder, and back off only once. I'm enjoying the variety of the whole program very much.

I also made a pretty drastic change in diet. I have omelettes with egg-whites, but I'm not afraid of peanut butter or guacamole. Had to fight off the friends sticking krispy kremes in my face, but otherwise, this has been very manageable without feeling like an obsession, or a chore. My standard lifting/dieting can often feel that way.

Yoga is wonderful by the way. I really do feel refreshed when it's over.

grudd said...

Is India doing long distance stuff? I'm not surprised that your kids are athletic at all.

soggy pete said...

India is actually doing hurdles and sprints, although her coaches thought she would make a good distance runner. I would think she would lean more towards distance but for now I just want her to enjoy track and want to participate again next year:)

I have been thinking of purchasing a heart rate monitor. Which one did you get?

grudd said...

I bought an oregon scientific one. It's like 40 on amazon. I think it works perfectly. The only time the sensor seems to lose contact is during pull-ups, but when I'm done, it settles back into a reading. I've been wanting one for pretty much all cardio--bike trips, hiking, etc.

Well, I noticed some extra reps in push-ups, and one or two in pull-ups this week. i think dropping 20 lbs by default (at the end of this thing) will result in a much higher pull-up count.