Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dean family update

Our apologies- we have not been good bloggers lately.  I need to get my boys into this role.  We have a new addition to the family- Gabriel picked out his puppy- Mia- she is a bogle….what’s a bogle you might ask- well it is a beagle/boxer mix.  These breeds were my two favorites – as far as with children.  Mia appears more beagle then boxer- other than a slightly shorter snout and some wrinkles in her face.  The puppy keeps everyone busy chasing her as she scampers off with something that shouldn’t be chewed up or monitoring potential need for her to be outside for a potty break.

 Other updates:

Kalena is on her way to being potty trained.  She uses the bathroom more often than not now.  Her feet seem to be catching up in size with Emma’s.  Kalena is still a daddy’s girl.  I’m hoping over the summer to change this.

Emma is a sponge in her learning- I’m always amazed at the things coming from her- she showed me the sign for rain and told me this is her preschool’s “language” for rain.  She’s still spends a lot of time with me- we discussed solids, liquids and gases in the hot tub yesterday.  I think she was actually getting it- when she asked what was inside the float tube in the hot tub. 

Nicholas just got his report card- said he has a natural talent in science- but he doesn’t “like” it, he tells me.  All high marks- lowest was LA with a B… he doesn’t like to study for spelling tests.  Spelling does not come naturally to him- reminds me of my youngest sister.

Gabriel, he’s a very responsible pet owner- and is attentive- I might sign him up for puppy kindergarten- but we’ll see how he does on his own- he thinks it is a waste of money.  He is very into his friends- using his cell phone to text.  He is in between sports-  He starts football in August. 

Brian continues to work his insane schedule that starts at 1 or 2 in the morning.  He continues to dream about a boat purchase- one of them is now the background on our computer.  He’s making a raised bed for me- and has been busy getting our trailer ready for our camping trip this weekend. It looks like we are headed out to Goldendale area- the Columbia Hills site (rated a 10 by my book) was not impressive…Brian stayed there on Tuesday night- but brought our trailer back- so we are going to try to find something better by leaving early tomorrow morning. 

As far as me- I’m sooooo looking forward to summer.  School keeps me very busy.  Well I need to get back to work. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So is this dog have bad allergies or is it deaf or have bad hips? No, that is your other dogs I was thinking of. Did you check to make sure this one isn't blind? Alright I am just joking with you, I am sure it is a great dog. We look forward to meeting the new addition. We need to return the tiller to you soon so maybe that will be our chance to meet the new puppy.
-Mel

soggy pete said...

Oh Mel's terrible. By the way Mel, that red hed, these incredibly cute babies - was it really a sperm donor all the time and Greyson was just too embarrassed to tell us?? Or are you Catholic and starting on the first of 12?
Naughty younger sister anyway.

Jen, enjoy the chaos, the memories. Buy the giant size of Frontline - it's 3times as cheap that way.
Traci

grudd said...

To tell the truth, Traci, you're not that far off. At least that's the way it seemed.

a new puppy huh? And the kids are gonna take care of it? Sounds like a good deal to me. How's that working out for ya???

I want to celebrate the babies' birthdays on the water, watching fireworks. I really enjoyed the Ska County fairgrounds with you guys, and the chaos of personal fireworks.

But...it's past their bedtime. I was thinking we need to get them some hearing protection. They have little headphone type things. Or there's the option of a babysitter for the latter part of the evening. Any thoughts on this?