
Some of you have probably seen these pictures but I haven't added any new ones on to my computer so you get these old ones to look at. The first is Greyson and Samia and the second is Piper. These were two weeks ago while we were still in the hospital. I will try to get some newer ones posted soon.
So my mother was here for about a week and a half. It was wonderful. She cooked and cleaned and did laundry and fed the pets.... and on and on. The last few days she kept saying she felt really tired even though she got a good nights sleep. She was tired because she was working non-stop for us. I think she was smart to sleep out in the other building. The babies are great but having two to deal with at night can lead to some crying fits. Luckily they are short lived and can usually be fixed with a burp, feeding or a snuggle. The hardest part is trying to keep both babies on the same 2-3 hr eating schedule. Otherwise you are up every hour at night. We go back today for another weigh in. Once they reach 6lbs I can let them sleep longer than 3 hrs if they choose. Last week they still had 3/4 to 1/2 lb to gain.
As for their personalities, Piper is a very relaxed baby who eats and sleeps really well. However if she gets upset this Pterodactyl screech erupts from her out of nowhere. She looks just like Greyson- his hair, face shape, feet, eyes.
Samia is a bit more fussy, but still very good compared to most babies. She takes a bit longer to eat with multiple burping sessions for one meal. She sleeps well, but likes to spend some time snuggling on her daddies chest before she wants to be laid down. She used to cry the second you started to change her clothes or diaper but has realized it is not that bad and only cries now and then during the event. My mother claims she looks much like my baby pictures, just a smaller, skinnier version with red hair.
I am doing fairly well. It is amazing how much you can do on such small amounts of sleep. I even started working out again today. I still have to take it really easy as I still get a bit light headed and out of breath from the anemia and lack of movement these last few months. I have lost 30 of the 40lbs I put on for the pregnancy. I think the birth and breastfeeding just melted the pounds away as I haven't been trying to lose any weight. I just need to be careful that I am eating enough at this point. I am also very happy to have made it through the pregnancy without a single strech mark. I will credit that to good genetics of my mom and grandmas.
Greyson is loving his two girls and has been wonderful with helping out with the babies. He does most of the diaper changing and getting the girls to me to feed and then burping them afterwards. He was worried that he would feel left out not being able to feed them, but I think he sees that there are many other things he can do with the babies to bond with them.
So that is your baby update. I am going to try to sneak in a shower before the next feeding...
-melanie
No comments:
Post a Comment