Monday, June 26, 2006

Where's the AC?

Was it hot at your house?

Well the one nice thing about going to work is they have AC there. Our house does not get too hot until about 4pm. Then after about 7pm it starts to cool off again outside. So during that 3 hour window you can get a little sticky. Yesterday we went to the Washougal River for a swim. I was amazed at how warm the water was. I guess the 100 degree day warmed it up a bit. I tried to call the Deans to go with us but I think they are out camping at the coast. I bet it was beautiful there.

So what is going on in everyone's summer days? Camps, kids, BBQs? We had friends over on Sat. for an early B-Day party for Greyson. My summer calendar is filling up fast, are there any dates I need to save besides the labor day weekend? When is the family reunion? Third Sunday in a month, right???

Gotta run to work. The boss has flown over from back east to meet with us so I better not be late.
-Mel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh yes the coast was beautiful. I got to walk in Devils Punchbowl at low tide and it was very eerie. I've seen it many times from above but never walked in it. The tide pools were very good, too, with seals sunning themselves on the rocks & hermit crabs everywhere.

The Dean's trailer is very nice and surprisingly roomy considering we had 8 PEOPLE in there for sleeping, meals and game playing. I had the lower bunk across from Emma. She had to scold Nicholas each night for talking after we were all in bed - of course she had been pretty much nonstop chatter preceeding his one comment to Gabe. Jennifer & Brian cook 4-course meals 3 times a day and about half the storage space above the table appears to be dedicated to snack food.

We also came back with some awesome shell fossils and agates. I couldn't remember which beach had that tunnel and then cavelike place where we found so many when we were there with the Porters. Does anyone else remember? I know Anita was with us that trip.

Back home and back to work. One week to go except that I probably won't get done until the week after. Then, its off to Cabo on the 8th. I'm considering taking a carry on full of bottled water. I've heard its pretty expensive down there. Then I could drink my water and free up space for any purchases I make there. Great plan, huh? I checked the Internet today for tips on staying healthy in Mexico. It said that when in doubt about the water, drink beer. That will be Plan B.

Stay cool.

XOXOXO
Mom/Grandma

grandfar said...

Hi - The 22nd Shull Reunion is on the 2nd Sunday in August! Today I am off to Colorado for three weeks. I know it is going to be just as warm there but Nancy has a air conditioner. Harry, who is working in California will be home for the long Fourth of July weekend as will Jamie, Lori and Matthew, Rick and daughter Wendy and Arthur & family live near by so I will see all of them. See you all later.