Today it was so windy out I actually thought my tires were coming off and making me swerve. So I pulled over to check for a flat or something but it was all A-ok, just wind I guess. I think it was partially the fact that I haven't slept for the last week since Quark has been up every night crying and my nerves are a little fried. About a month ago he stopped eating his food well and then completely stopped eating and drinking all together last week. So he has a feeding tube that runs into his esophagus and I use a big syringe to load up his belly every 3 hours. He is miserable and very weak. Today was his 3rd appointment at the vet this week and hopefully his last for at least another week.
The goose seems to be healthy and happy following me and Ada everywhere we go. I need to come up with a name for it other than Goosey-goosey. I am not sure if it is male or female so it needs a name that can go either way. Ada very carefully picked him (for some reason I do think of it as a him) up and carried him gently before I yelled at her and told her to put the goose down. The gosling ran off unphased and Ada was sent to timeout (the bathroom) for a while. She has managed to step on the gosling unintentionally a few times without really hurting him. Hopefully he will go through a growth spurt and get bigger soon.
Enough pet talk.
Work is fine. Those 15 hour days I was putting in for The Dalles work really drained me. Luckily the study got separated into 2 studies instead of one long study. So I have a week off (in the office) to recover from the first part before I head back out.
I love my new flower garden area. I can't wait to see how it fills in. I had a few more things planned for some other beds but with Quarks new situation all of that money has been rerouted. However there is a rumor that raises are going around. Unfortunately my specific office is in the red this year so I don't know that we will get one.
As far as events go this summer let's plan ahead. I propose we sign up now for campsites if we want them. Anyone check into the group campsite for the reunion site? Is it open this year? I can't wait to see this new trailer of the Dean's, it sounds impressive.
Later,
-Mel
Sunday, April 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad to hear the pets are still alive.
We bought some new chairs for under the pergola. They look really nice. I am going to get one of those large plastic storage boxes to put the cushions in to keep them dry and un-cat-haired. We had to put it all together and discovered they didn't give us parts to the chaise lounge - some pretty important ones like the back legs and arms. I'll have to make a trip to Eugene on Tuesday to get those.
I am going with Holley 5th & 6th graders to outdoor school, and the camp is really cool. I am going to see how much it is to rent for our group. The have cabins that have bathrooms right in them, etc. Also los of things to do like fishing, basketball court, volleyball sand court, some kind of laser tag thing, and so on.
We were too late to get the spot we had for family reunion last year. Darn it. They won't let people use that big camping space.
Anyway, my class reunion -- 40 years-- is the night before so I'll not be camping. I wonder if there aren't some nicer places to camp a little farther up toward Mt. St. Helens but still reasonably close.
Time for bed. I have caught Grandma's cold. Hope it is not a really bad one.
Dad is heading to Prineville tomorrow. The next project is on!!
In a quick response to Melanie- we really think Home Valley (someday) would be a great reunion spot.
-Jenn
Comment
Post a Comment