That gosling sure was cute! Is it still alive?
Nothing real exciting to report- I’ve been caught up in the state testing at our school. Our students are a little wound up during this time of the year. I’m writing two more grants- I’m hoping my mother will have time before June 1st to proofread and make suggestions again for me. Kalena’s doctor wants her to be checked by an orthopedic specialist- just in case- and we aren’t supposed to worry at all. One leg bone does twist more than the other- causing her to be quite pigeon toed at the moment. The nurse was apparently incompetent at giving vaccinations- because Kalena came back from the appointment with a huge bruise/knot in her leg…and after watching three other kids go through this regimen of shots- I’ve never seen this happen before- so I’m going to let Kaiser know how I feel about it. Brian said the woman just slammed it into her leg. Emma is still resisting potty training- but when you insist- she will go in the toilet. So she’s capable- just not motivated. Hmmm…sounds like a large population of my students. Gabe’s been a little challenging again this week- we continue to work on frustration tolerance- but its more a snotty attitude they have the first day back from extended periods at their dad’s house. So I don’t know if it’s a friend/school influence or neglect at their dad’s in terms of thinking that they can communicate in this negative manner. But its usually better by the second day home. I did my assigned reading by the counselor for Gabe- “the explosive child”- it was basically an entire book that could be summed up with these three steps….when a conflict arises you should 1) empathize with the child about the situation 2) restate the two concerns- the child’s and your own 3) have child (or you if they aren’t feeling creative) come up with some ‘equally agreeable’ solutions to the conflict. Both the boys and their mother and step dad are getting a layer of fat on our tummies- so I think we are going to need to implement a new healthy meal plan and more than 200 sit-ups for our work out routine. Anyone up for some camping or hiking adventures in the near future? We will be going to Neskowin over Memorial day weekend- but we’d like to go to either forlorn lakes again or another coastal destination- Garibaldi?- before then. Well I’m going to get out of my classroom and pick up the boys from school. TTFN. Jenn.
1 comment:
Yes - let us know the dates
Post a Comment