Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Terriers are born gardeners

Charlie was ever so helpful yesterday. I had purchased plants for most of our planters and was filling the planter boxes, etc with potting soil. Charlie kept launching herself into each planter to help me "tap" the dirt into place. I would diligently remove her to the deck and she helped me by running off with the plastic pots as I emptied them. Then she deftly started kicking over the plants I had laidout in sets by color in her hurry to help load any new planting mix. Finally she figured that I needed some strawberry plants added to the grouping for interest so she jumped into the big wood planters at the edge of the deck and started removing "unwanted" soil and "relocatable" strawberry plants. I thanked her profusely and I had to help her bathe off in the showerthe "excess" dirt from all her previous work.
She really enjoys helping me broom and rake also.

1 comment:

grudd said...

Let me guess. She especially loves when you water the plants with the hose. I can see where this is going...