Have you started class yet?
I like mine very much. My first one is Communication Design Studio 3, which is a look at information design. Frightfully project intensive I can tell. Our main project deals with gathering information concerning the election and presenting it in interesting ways, one way being unbiased, and one based on point of view.
The second class, interactive media 1 is strictly web design using Dreamweaver(how convenient!). Extra credit might include creating an additional website (Sweethome perhaps??)
The third, I think you would love, and that is the history of architecture. He unloaded new vocabulary on us on the first day. I took 4 pages of notes(college ruled of course) in that one. We looked at post and lintel, arches-really kind of a brief overview.
Last night I went to Mt Hood Community College to take my PSU coursework-a class called American Family Fiction and Film. We watched a Woody Allen film called Hannah and her sisters. We'll be discussign it over the internet on a forum.
Well I guess that's it. Class starts in a few minutes.
I think we should start a fraternity. What are the greek letters for FOG?
Cya.
Wednesday, September 29, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's so cute Greyson. You sound like Tucker on his first day of school, although you didn't mention lunch or the cool P.E. guy.
Murphy continued to nip and do other "dominant" things to Tucker so we called the shelter and they have a ranch home where he can work. I am now the official trainer of Lindy Lou, a pointer mix. She is 3 months old and looks like a purebred English pointer. She is very sweet, loves to play ball with the kids, and points now and then. She reminds me of Katia as a puppy except she's black and white and likes to pull at the leash instead of digging her back feet in. Lindy is interested in the Monks of New Skete as a basis for her methods/care. Tim seemed relieved to give over the official duties.
My writing is coming along. I'm through with final edit on chapter 1. Now I just have 18 more to go. Well, Lindy is snoring in her crate which means I need to get busy writing.
Bummer, I didn't know that Murphy was nipping (or tucking). He was a handful. They all seem to be though as young'ns. We have the new skete method also, although when I got aggravated with Ada, I consulted the shaolin monks for guidance. I typically used grappling techniques, stopping short of the knifehand or the quivering palm. Now all I have to do is scream "Aye!!!" while I power up my ki, and she knows I'm not looking to break bricks. I was on her constanly for a while until she learned the rules. She still breaks rules, but knows it and gives me this "sorry dad" look. All I can do now is smile, and if it's food related, she gets moved away from the source of temptation. I don't share food. By the way, she is growth free now.
Congrats on chapter 1. What's your book about? I'm going to have to do a lot of writing this term in Architecture and American film. I was keeping a journal for a while for brain drain purposes, but I had to get up around 4:30 in the morning to do it consistantly (while I was working). Fell out of a good habit there.
Larry, looks like you and I were writing at the same time there. I have 3 classes on monday and wednesday, and one (the film class) on tuesday which is a night class and I only need to go every other week, participating in online forum discussion on the off-week. Schedule couldn't be any better from a commuting 40 miles perspective. Now I have a lot of homework (and other work) on my days off (today and tomorrow).
Well, don't despair. I imagine it is a very different experience for you. Are you liking it overall? If you are into film and literature (which it seems that you are), you should take it at some point, if for no other reason than to give you relief from the number crunching. Of the electives I took, shakespeare and poetry were the classes that really affected me. I know my art history class is a nice break, just listening to a lecture and taking notes, after the intensely participative classes that precede it. Anyways, I think it's wonderful that you are doing this. Maybe we can study together some time over a cup of coffee.
Post a Comment