Thursday, September 04, 2008

dean family update

Yes!  I’m still using Mel’s address.  But duly noted at some point I will make an account…maybe.

 

We wanted to inform all family of the camping adventure at Timothy Lake- we are going to take the boat and go to the walk-in tent sites- it is nonreservable, so if anyone can head there early let us know.  We will have all the children with us. 

 

Nicholas seems “fine” with school.  He isn’t a real informative about his week- but so far it sounds like all is well.  He seems disappointed or confused that he is in a math “help” class- but his math WASL score was right on the borderline of not passing- so I’m sure it was an automatic for him to get that class and hopefully it will help improve his test taking abilities.

 

Gabriel says he really enjoys his new teachers- he really loves playing football.  He tends to give me a few more details- so I know exactly what is in and how he decorated his locker…that type of kid.  Funny how they are all so different.

 

At the last moment someone did drop from the part-time slot at the preschool- so we were able to switch Kalena to part-time instead of full-time- yeah!  That is a 200 dollar per month savings for us.  She jumped right into preschool- no problem.  She doesn’t share much- but I have visited each day during my prep for 5 minutes- to see what kind of things they are discussing…then ask her questions about the days of the week or the weather..etc.

 

Emma’s first day of kindergarten went well- when the bell to start class rang she told her dad- “you can go now”….:) she was quite detailed also with her accounts of the gingerbread creations and the activities of her first days of school.  She doesn’t like walking from the babysitter’s car into the school- but I think she will get used to that soon also. 

 

Brian managed to injure himself- and has a black eye- he let go of a crank of some sort on our boat- and it struck him on the side of the head near his eye socket.  He’s been busy helping get these kids ready for school, picked up, and keeping the house from burning down. 

 

Well that’s about it.  

 

Take care.  Let me know if you can make it to camp on the weekend of September 20th.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey - I've got a neurological impairment so I think you need to give me some slack here.

I agree we need to get bloggin' though.

Yesterday, I had my work hours in for the week by noon so am off all today. We bought a nose halter kind of collar thing for the dogs. It is supposed to make them NOT pull on the lead. It really works! We had a calm and pleasurable walk yesterday.

Nothing else here. I'm going to check out the blueberry post now.

Mom