Thursday, September 14, 2006

Two cats are as good as one baby, right?

Well our bad news is that the first cycle had to be cancelled a few days ago. My over zealous body stimulated way too much which can lead to a life threatening condition (OHSS- ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome) if allowed to progress. OHSS is kind of a neat syndrome where all the fluids in your body get sucked into your abdominal cavity and your ovaries become the size of softballs and leads to all sorts of problems. So anyway, my doctor cancelled the cycle and we are going to start over again in a few weeks. This time I will be using a much smaller dose of the stimulation medication. The problem there is that I could understimulate and not produce enough eggs and then the cycle gets cancelled. This was not a cheap setback but it could have been worse; some people get much further along and then get cancelled.

The good news, I talked my hubby into a pair of chocolate point Siamese kittens. We named them Louie and Parker in keeping with the jazz theme started with Miles. Right now they look so much alike I had to write an "L" on Louie's forehead in permanent marker so we could tell them apart. They have been a fun distraction given the disappointing cycle. Miles was very upset the first couple days (all sorts of hissing) but has started to play with them today.

The other good news is that Greyson has started to make some great contacts in town and has been hired to design a website for the Big River Grill, the most popular local restaurant. And that owner also owns the mexican restaurant in town and may want some future help with that site. I know he will do a great job.

-Mel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Greyson on landing the project.

The kittens are very cute. For some reason I thought they'd be smaller.