Monday, August 23, 2004

"Hansel and Gretal" trail

Mom and I are playing more tennis; I still usually lose but am getting better. Katia left me a "Hansel and Gretal" trail down the hallways this morning. In the dim light I stepped on one of the morsels and concluded they weren't dark socks after all. After washing my foot in the toilet I spent some really great time cleaning up "socks" and skidmarks. We have also experienced a really smelly and soaked rug; poor Katia is losing some control and I must remember to attend to her needs frequently. Will and Mina spent most of the day sleeping. Will has really worked hard on his speaking and talks to us "too often" each day and will speak from the laying position or follow you anywhere constantly telling you to pay close attention to his wants and needs and his incredibly fascinating cat stories (all of which sound basically the same).

-Larry

5 comments:

Meldog said...

It appears that we are now down to two cats. We are very sad to lose Oreo as he had become our favorite cat. We are thinking either coyotes or neighbor dogs are responsible for his extended "vacation". Or come to think of it..... I did see that killer doe and her fawn in my back yard the other day. We ask that you all have a candlelight ceremony tonight in honor of his life.

With that said, I am sure that Greyson would want to take in Will or Mina to replinish our cat supply. We especially like noisy cats that like to kneed your bare skin in the middle of the night. We also like overweight cats that randomly attact small children and dogs. Please ship them to Greyson at your earliest convienence.

grudd said...

I would trade 3 of our cats to have oreo back. Er... 2, we only have 2 left :(

Anonymous said...

My condolences. Oreo was a good cat -- all black and white and fat. I'm sure he had already used up at least 7 or 8 of his lives before you took him in. Alas, poor Oreo.

GranJanSolo

grudd said...

Very smart of katia. After all, we all know that birds ate the bread crumb trail.

soggy pete said...

We have an awesome cat for you. He's friendly and neutered. He was a 2 for 1 deal at the humane society. He has only one small problem. He's a bully and after his naps looks for the dog or the other cats to pick a fight with. Some people might find this entertaining but I'm tired of the fur flying and all the hissing. So if you're interested call or e-mail soon as I am planning on returning him.